A Pail Full of Bran Muffins are a classic recipe straight from Grandma’s recipe box! Keep the batter in the fridge for up to two weeks and bake fresh muffins as you want them.
- 3 cups bran
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In one bowl combine the buttermilk and bran. Let sit for about 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, both sugars and vanilla.
- Then stir in the bran mixture and raisins (see notes above about the raisins). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the bran mix with the flour mix.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This batter can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. So you can bake as big or small batches as you would like! All together, you can get about 36 medium sized muffins from this batter.
- Category: Baking
Keywords: bran muffins