Make this Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake the night before, and pop it in the oven first thing in the morning. Perfect for the holidays!
- 1 loaf french bread cut into cubes (about 1 inch pieces)
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage (crumbled and cooked)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 red pepper (minced (or more if you like))
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Add the cubes of french bread to the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the onion and sausage until the sausage is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the red pepper and half of the shredded cheese.
Putting it all together:
- Sprinkle the cooked and crumbled sausage over the bread, and mix slightly.
- Pour on the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Cover in tin foil and put in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until the centre is set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast bake, Christmas breakfast, egg bake