This recipe for Oven Roasted Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches is a family favourite! Serve it with homemade coleslaw and dill pickles…delicious!
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 onions (sliced thin)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 – 2 cups of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 1 small/medium head of cabbage (shredded)
- 2 – 3 carrots (shredded or sliced thin)
- 2 green onions (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tsp seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
- Rub the sugar/spice mix onto both sides of the pork tenderloins.
- In an oven proof dish (I like to use a cast iron casserole dish), add the sliced onions, garlic and beef broth.
- Lay the pork tenderloins on top of the onion mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 5 hours, turning the tenderloins over 1 or 2 times, just to make sure they don’t dry out.
- Before serving, stir in your favourite BBQ sauce, to taste.
- Mix together all the salad dressing ingredients (I use a hand blender to make sure the dressing is creamy). This makes a lot of dressing, so add it slowly to the shredded cabbage mixture. You decide how much dressing you need.
- Toss salad.
Putting it all together
- Serve the pulled pork in buns topped with coleslaw. Enjoy!