This One-Pot Turkey Lasagna Soup is a quick and tasty dinner that can be on your table in less than one hour. All the delicious flavours of lasagna in a soup!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 – 5.5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 – 14 oz can tomato sauce (plain, no spices)
- 1 – 19 oz can diced tomatoes (plain, no spices)
- 1 L vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 6 lasagna noodles broken into 2 inch pieces
Soup Toppings (Garnish)
- ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- In a stock (soup) pot, add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and ground turkey. Stir and cook until the turkey is no longer pink, and the onions are soft.
- When the turkey is cooked, stir in the oregano, basil, salt, pepper and tomato paste.
- Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- Over low/medium heat, simmer the soup for about 15 minutes.
- Then add the lasagna noodles and let simmer for about 15 more minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with fresh ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Keywords: ground turkey, lasagna soup, recipe, soup