This One Pot Oven Roasted Bone In Pork Rib Roast with Vegetables is a delicious and healthy meal idea. Make a complete meal in one dish!
- 1 – 4 lb bone in pork rib roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 apples (I used MacIntosh apples)
- 1 large red onion (cut into chunks)
- 3 carrots (cut into chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the bone-in pork rib roast in an oven safe roasting dish. I like to use my enamel skillet.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut up your apples, carrots and onions into about 2 inch chunks.
- Place them around the pork roast.
- Pour the olive oil mixture onto your roast, covering the top side. Rub in.
- Drizzle the apples, carrots and onions with a little extra olive oil.
- Place your roast into your 425 degree oven and roast at this high heat for about 10-15 minutes. This is to ‘sear’ the outside of the roast, which helps to keep the meat moist.
- After the 10-15 minute searing time period, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150-155 degrees, about 2 1/2 hours. I like to monitor the temperature at the 2 hour point.
- Once the optimal internal temperature is reached, remove the roast from your oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees once outside of the oven.
- Slice into chops and serve with the roasted vegetables and roasted applesauce.