This quick and healthy One Pot Coconut Chickpea Dinner can be on your table in less than one hour! Serve over rice and with fresh cilantro.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower (small chop)
- 1 – 19 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 400 mL can coconut milk
- In a skillet, warm up the olive oil in low-medium heat, then add the chopped tomatoes, onion and ginger. Cook until soft.
- Then add the cumin, chili pepper, salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, yam, cauliflower and chick peas. Mix well.
- Simmer over low heat for 40-45 minutes, until the yam is soft and the mixture has thickened (it shouldn’t be too runny)
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.