This is a traditional No Flour Cornbread Recipe that makes a thick and flavourful cornbread. Delicious served alongside ribs, chili or soups and stews.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped jalapenos.
- Melt the 2 tbsp of butter in a 10 inch skillet. Tip: put your skillet with the butter, into the oven while it is warming up, to melt it.
- Add the cornbread batter to the skillet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serving Tip: slather on butter and/or drizzle on honey
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
Keywords: cornbread, no flour cornbread