This Nacho Pasta Bake has all the delicious flavours of nachos, but in a pasta! Quick, delicious and on your dinner table in 40 minutes!
- 3 cups uncooked pasta shells
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup water (more if needed)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- chopped green onion
- sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the shell noodles according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large, oven proof skillet (I used my enamel skillet), over medium heat, warm up the oil, then add the ground turkey. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the turkey is fully cooked, and the onions are tender.
- Stir in the tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring often. If you find that the sauce is too sticky, add more water.
- Add the cooked pasta noodles, and mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the top.
- Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips to the top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with the fresh tomatoes, extra tortilla chips and cilantro.
- Serve right away with salsa, sour cream and extra chips if you like!
Recipe adapted from Chatelaine