It’s good to have goals!
I need them so I can focus and get things done!
And where is a better place to put those goals…the blog!
Having them ‘out there’ will make them happen!
It makes me accountable to myself, and
I truly believe if you put things out to the universe, they will happen!
So here are my home goals for 2012!
(You might remember from my New Years Post
, that my word to live by this year is LIVE.)
I LOVE our home. It’s bright and cheery. It’s a family friendly home (no museum here). It’s great for entertaining. But I wish we had a 4th bedroom, and I hate our location…we’re on a busy road. I have wanted to move into our forever home for quite some time now, but this year I have to get this thought out of my head. The timing isn’t right. So I am going to LOVE our home right now. LIVE in it, and not keep thinking ‘oh we can’t do that because we aren’t staying here forever’. We are here now. Let’s get this house the way we like it, and fix all the little annoying things that need fixing.
Now for more detailed and fun stuff…
There are 4 areas in my home that I want to tackle for reals this year.
The Master Bedroom, The Laundry Room, The Bonus Room and The Basement.
I can do it!
For some reason our room has always been last on the to-do list. It’s been a room for storage, it’s been a nursery, it’s been boring. Plain. Uninspiring and boring. My biggest house goal for the year is to make this room pretty and fabulous! And it’s the only room I really want to spend any money in. Here’s how!
- I’m in love with this colour scheme from Design Seeds. I’m adding blue and white y’all!
- Create a feature wall behind our bed.
- Invest in new lamps & a duvet cover for our bed.
- Keep it tidy and beautiful! No more clean laundry piles and socks on the floor (Tobin…)
Our laundry room is our landing pad. It’s where we come in from outside. It’s where backpacks, coats, and shoes get dropped. Oh, and I do laundry in here. Many, many times a day. It’s a room that’s dark and busting at the seams. But it’s the size of a tunnel, and it needs to be more efficient and bright.
- Some paint & cheer is in order! Loving this colour palette from Design Seeds!
- Add some storage.
This room is our children’s hang out room and toy space. And it is my nemesis. It’s a disaster. I can’t even look at it. This year I’m going to make some changes… And with as little money as possible. My inspiration for this room comes from the bonus room at Beach House in the City
…can you say gorgeous
- I’m chucking out old toys. Good-bye junk!
- The shelves are going to get reorganized.
- I’d like to repaint the walls and make it more cheery. This might make the kids feel proud of their space, and keep it clean? Is that even possible?!
I despise our basement. It’s the place where everything ends up. All the junk that we don’t want on display, but don’t want to get rid of goes there. All the furniture that is ‘gifted’ to us from relatives, but we aren’t allowed to paint goes there to collect dust. The cat stuff is down here. Gross.
- Good bye junk. Don’t let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out.
- That’s it. Dejunk. Clean. Paint floors.
So really not a lot to do eh? ha ha
But seriously, we can do this (right honey?).
It’s a manageable to do list, and I’m really excited to tackle it!
We’ve actually just completed a big project…stay tuned!