This Mozzarella and Parmesan Buttermilk Quick Bread is a perfect side dish to your dinner! Serve it warm out of the oven in about one hour. No kneading, to rising, no fuss required.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- Whisk the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Line a 9 x 5 baking tin with parchment paper and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.