These Morning Glory Muffins are delicious, nutrition packed muffins! Perfect for breakfast, sent in lunches or enjoyed as an afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and shredded)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. This recipe makes 24 muffins so you will need to bake it in two batches.
- Using a mixer, mix together the apple sauce, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, mixing in one egg at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then stir in the shredded carrots, raisins, nuts, shredded coconut, and apple.
- Add the sugar/egg mixture to the carrot/flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
We use homemade apple sauce for these muffins, but any apple sauce you have on hand will work just fine!
Keywords: morning glory muffins, muffins