Make this Mexican Street Corn Chicken Bowl for dinner tonite! Loaded with fresh ingredients, grilled chicken and a Mexican Street Corn Salad. So good.
Mexican Street Corn Salad Dressing:
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp sour cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
The Corn Salad:
- 2 – 341 mL cans of corn (you can also use fresh corn)
- 2 tbsp chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (make according to package directions)
- 4 – 5 chicken breasts
- taco seasoning (I use my homemade seasoning, which you can find here)
- 1 – 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 – 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 or 2 sliced avocados
- fresh lime wedges
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
Make the Mexican Street Corn Salad:
- The first thing you want to do is ‘roast’ the corn in a skillet. To do this, in a skillet over low-medium heat, add a tsp of vegetable oil. Then add the corn and saute until the corn is slightly ‘roasted’. Let cool for a few minutes.
- While the corn is cooling, mix the dressing.
- For the dressing mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Use 1/2 of the dressing to mix with the corn, and save 1/2 to serve with the bowls at dinner time (set 1/2 aside).
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 of the dressing, the corn and red pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the crumbled cheese, chopped cilantro and green onion.
- Set aside.
Make the Quinoa:
- Make the quinoa according to package directions.
- Generously season the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Grill the chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Slice the cooked chicken into pieces for serving.
- Prepare all of the fresh ingredients and put them into their own serving bowls (buffet style).
Putting everything together:
- Place out all of the bowls of fresh ingredients, buffet style. Including the Mexican Street Corn Salad in one bowl, the grilled chicken on a serving plate, the cooked quinoa in another bowl and the extra salad dressing on the side.
- Now let everyone make their own Mexican Street Corn Chicken bowl!
- Drizzle on the extra dressing, more cilantro and cheese, and enjoy!