This Turkey Meatball Noodle Soup with Turkey Meatballs is an easy and delicious soup recipe! Serve with fresh buns for a cozy meal.
- 1 lb of ground turkey (or chicken)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock (see notes)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of dried noodles (egg noodles or broken spaghetti noodles)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
To make the meatballs:
- In a bowl combine the ground turkey, parmesan cheese, onion, egg and spices.
- Form the turkey mixture into 1 inch balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the inside of the meatball is no longer pink.
- When the meatballs are done baking, remove them from the oven and set aside.
To make the soup:
- While the meatballs are baking, you can make the soup broth.
- In a soup pot combine the chicken stock and water and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, thyme, basil and salt & pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs, noodles, red pepper and green onions and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the broth, I used a 1 L container of chicken stock, and 2 cups of water.