This Marshmallow Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is the perfect icing for either chocolate or vanilla cupcakes! Will ice 12 – 16 cupcakes (thickly), or 24 cupcakes if spread more thin.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 – 3 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 198 g container of Marshmallow fluff
- salt to taste (optional)
- Sift the icing sugar (confectioners sugar). Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until soft and fluffy. You’ll have to scrape the sides of the bowl several times. This process of getting fluffy butter takes at least 10 minutes.
- Add the sifted icing sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and heavy cream and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the marshmallow fluff until smooth.
- Decorate your cupcakes and enjoy!
I used a Wilton 1M icing tip for the icing roses.
Keywords: buttercream, marshmallow icing, marshmallow frosting, marshmallow buttercream