Loaded Potato Crisps
These Loaded Potato Crisps are crispy, crunchy and cheesy! Load them up like a baked potato with sour cream and green onion…even add bacon. So good.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- 3 – 4 red potatoes, basically 1 potato per person
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or marble work great)
- sour cream
- 3 green onions (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet: line it with a piece of aluminum foil, then generously butter the foil with about 1 tbsp of cold butter. (Trust me, you need to butter it…that way the potatoes won’t stick and will come off easily.)
- Leave the potatoes unpeeled, then slice them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Lay them out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining butter (about 2 tbsp), then generously brush the top of each potato slice with the butter.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes, or until the bottom of the crisp is golden brown. See notes.
- Then flip them over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After this time, remove the pan from the oven, then evenly sprinkle the grated cheese on to the tops of each potato crisp.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for about 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Now it’s time to serve them!
- Add a dollop of sour cream and some green onions! Delish!
Keywords: potato appetizer, potato crisps, loaded baked potato bites