Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Delicious and lemony pancakes…serve them up with whipped cream and fresh berries for the perfect breakfast!
Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I thought I’d kick off this week with a fresh lemony recipe…nothing like a little bit of yellow sunshine to get things started off right.
In case you haven’t noticed over the years, but we’re big breakfast people…we especially love pancakes. So because we eat them a lot we are always looking for new recipes. And this time of year, in the middle of winter, I crave lemons…so putting the two together just kind of makes sense doesn’t it? 😉
This recipe is a fresh twist on an old favourite…basically just adding lemon zest and juice for a delicious lemony flavour.
Serve these pancakes up with whipped cream and fresh berries…SO gosh darn good.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- zest and juice from 1 lemon if you want them extra lemon-y use 2 lemons
- whipped cream
- fresh berries raspberries or strawberries or blueberries
- Mix flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Then add ricotta cheese, milk, vanilla and oil.
- Combine flour mix and cheese mix. Stir until just blended.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto a preheated griddle.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
These are on the menu this upcoming weekend…yep, I’m dreaming of the weekend already and it’s only Monday. Must be the weather…we’re stuck in a deep freeze over here, at -20 degrees C. Ahhh, only a few more months until summer… Anyway, I hope you try this recipe and love it! Lemon is the best, isn’t it?!