This Lemon Raspberry Snack Cake is a tangy and delicious cake, that is perfect for afternoon snacking!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 – 32 fresh raspberries
- 3 tsp coarse sugar for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mix until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and combine into a smooth paste.
- Prepare a 6 inch by 6 inch baking pan, by lining the bottom of the pan with a square of parchment paper.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Then place 16 raspberries evenly on the batter, but don’t press them into the batter.
- Sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once the cake has baked, press in 16 more fresh raspberries into the same space as the first batch of berries.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut it into 16 squares.
If you don’t have a 6×6 inch pan, you can use an 8×8 pan, but only bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes.