Have this Jalapeno Cheddar Quick Bread on your table in about 1 hour! No kneading and no rising. Simple and delicious! Delicious alongside soups, stews or casseroles.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Balkan Style Yogourt (6%)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium sized jalapeno (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogourt, milk and egg.
- Whisk the melted butter into the yogourt mixture.
- Add the yogourt mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and minced jalapeno.
- Line a 9 x 5 baking tin with parchment paper and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.