How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. A simple and delicious recipe for pulled pork, with ideas for how to serve it!
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 480 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 2 onions (sliced thin)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 cup beef broth
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, cinnamon and pepper.
- Rub the sugar/spice mix all over the pork.
- To your slow cooker pot, add the sliced onions, garlic and beef broth.
- Lay the pork on top of the onion mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Recipe tip: If possible, turn the roast over a couple of times during the cooking time.
- When the pork is done, remove it from the broth. Put the broth aside.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork.
- Option: return the shredded pork to the slow cooker with about 1/2 cup of the reserved broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes more.
- Now your shredded pork is ready to use!
Keywords: pork, pulled pork, slow cooker pork