- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the sugar pumpkin in half, then scrape out the seeds and stringy bits.
- Place each half onto a baking pan, cut side up (like in the pictures), then add some water to the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of water into the centre of each pumpkin half.
- Cover the pumpkin halves with tin foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Sometimes it may take longer depending on the density of the pumpkin. Just check the pumpkin at the 1 1/2 hour mark to see if the flesh is soft and easy to scrape. It should look nice and roasted.
- After the pumpkin halves are done roasting, use a spoon to scrape the roasted pumpkin from the skin.
- Use a hand blender (or stand blender) to puree the pumpkin. Puree until nice and smooth.
- Now you can use the puree in any recipe that requires pumpkin puree.
- Method: Baking