- 3 lbs chicken wings (halved at the joint, tips removed, patted dry)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil, and lightly grease it with oil.
- In a large bowl combine the hoisin sauce, soya sauce, rice wine, ketchup, honey and garlic.
- Toss the wings in the sauce, mixing to coat the wings well.
- Arrange the wings meaty side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, then turn the wings and bake for 10 more minutes or longer, until the wings are browned and crispy (and no longer pink inside).
– This recipe can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Just toss the wings in the sauce and store them in a bowl in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.
– I think next time I make these I will cook them on the BBQ!