Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
A homemade spaghetti sauce recipe (with meat) that you can have on your table in about 1 1/2 hours! Delicious served over fresh cooked pasta.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- 1 to 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce (plain, no spices)
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes (plain, no spices)
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine (or beef broth if you don’t want to use wine)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil (or 1 tbsp fresh basil)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, brown the beef with the onions and garlic. When the beef is cooked through, drain the excess grease.
- Add the cooked beef to a large stock pot.
- Now add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a light simmer.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 1 hour, covered.
- Serve over fresh pasta and with grated parmesan cheese.
Keywords: spaghetti sauce, pasta sauce, homemade tomato sauce