Let your bread machine do all the mixing and kneading for these Homemade Dinner Buns! Then shape the dough into buns and bake them in your oven.This is a great recipe for dinner rolls, tray buns and hamburger buns.
- 1 1/3 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp bread machine or instant yeast
- Measure all of the ingredients above, in the order they are listed, into your bread machine.
- Choose the Dough Cycle.
- Once the dough cycle has completed, remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- After this time, divide the dough into 12 portions.
- Now it’s time to shape the dough into buns.
- Make sure your hands are lightly floured.
- Shape each portion of dough into a ball.
- You want the tops of the buns to be taut, so while keeping the dough in a ball shape, you need to tuck the dough at the bottom of each bun, underneath as you roll. You’ll get the hang of it as you roll them!
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan with oil.
- Then place the buns into the baking pan, in 3 rows of 4, spacing them out evenly.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and let rest and rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- When the buns are done rising, bake for 25 minutes. When the bread is done, it will sound hollow when you tap on it.
- As soon as you take the buns out of the oven, brush the tops with butter.
- Let the buns rest in the pan for about 20 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- Category: Baking
Keywords: dinner buns, bread machine buns