- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- icing of your choice
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter in chunks, to the flour mix, then add 3/4 cup milk. Beat on low for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, and the remaining milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into approximately 24 muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before icing them.
The cupcake recipe works great for a cake too. Just put the batter into 2 lightly buttered 8-inch baking pans, and bake for 35-40 minutes. I also line the bottom of my cake pans with a circle of wax paper. The cakes then just slide out.