- 1 oz can artichoke hearts (not marinated, 14)
- 1/2 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2–3 cloves large garlic (cut into thirds)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 oz can white kidney beans (19, no salt added)
- 1 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1 oz tub garden vegetable cream cheese (8, can use light)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4–5 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 oz package frozen spinach (thawed, and squeezed dried, 10)
- 1 cup Asiago cheese (shredded)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and dry the artichoke hearts, then cut them in half.
- Place the artichokes, chopped onions and garlic into a roasting dish, and toss with the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to check them and stir a couple of times so they don’t burn.
- While the artichoke mix is roasting, get out your food processor! Put the beans, sour cream, cream cheese, lemon zest, and hot sauce into the processor, and whirl until smooth.
- When the vegetables are done roasting, remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Once the veggies have cooled slightly, add them to the food processor and pulse on and off until the mixture is blended, yet still chunky.
- Transfer this mixture to an oven proof serving dish, and add the spinach and Asiago cheese. Mix well.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling around the edges. Cool for about 5 minutes before serving!