These Hearty Banana, Apple & Carrot Oatmeal Muffins are healthy, delicious and perfect for breakfast or after school snacks.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 apple (chopped)
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, first mix together the streusel ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, oatmeal, oat bran, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With a mixer cream together the coconut oil and sugar. Then add the sour cream, juice and vanilla. Mix well. Then add the egg.
- Mix in the banana and grated carrot.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently combine.
- Stir in the apples and raisins.
- Line a muffin sheet with muffin cups and fill them about 2/3 full.
- Add about a tablespoon of the streusel mix on top of each cup of muffin batter.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes.