Hawaiian Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
This Hawaiian Chicken Sheet Pan Supper is made with chunks of flavourful marinated chicken, roasted vegetables and roasted pineapple. A simple and quick dinner that everyone will love!
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: -26861506 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 120 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice or water
- 1 red onion (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 1 inch cubes (I used red and orange))
- 1 cup mushrooms (cut in half)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup snap peas
Marinating the Chicken:
- In a small saucepan whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, minced ginger, fresh ground pepper, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tbsp pineapple juice.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the mixture in the saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil. Whisk the mixture continuously until it thickens. This will take about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool before adding it to the chicken.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add it to the chicken. I like to marinade mine in a ziplock bag so that I can massage it, but you can use a bowl as well.
- Let the chicken marinade for at least 1 hour, or even overnight. NOTE: don’t let the chicken marinate any longer than overnight…the pineapple juice may make the chicken mushy.
- Getting ready to cook: Putting it all together
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare all of the vegetables and pineapple by cutting them into 1 inch chunks (except for the snap peas).
- Toss the chopped veggies (except for the snap peas and pineapple, leave them out) in the olive oil, lime juice, minced ginger and salt & pepper.
- Onto a sheet pan, lay out the marinated chicken, pineapple and veggies (except for the snap peas). If it doesn’t all fit, you can bake the rest on another sheet.
- Roast for 35 minutes. Then after this time, add the snap peas and continue roasting for 5 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken, Hawaiian chicken recipe, sheet pan chicken, sheet pan dinner