These Hasselback Potatoes are buttery, crispy and SO delicious! This potato side dish is a tasty addition to your dinner table, and a great way to enjoy potatoes in a different way.
- baking potatoes (leave the skin on)
- melted butter or oil for drizzling (vegetable or olive oil)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- fresh or dried herbs (like rosemary or thyme)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and scrub your potatoes, and leave the skin on.
- Cut each potato into thin slices about 1/4 inch apart, and 3/4 of the way through to the bottom of the potato, making sure you don’t cut through the bottom of the potato. (You want the bottom of the potato to remain intact.) Also, if you want to cut the slices even thinner, feel free to do so – I like them this way because the slices get more crunchy the thinner they are.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, or on a baking sheet.
- Gently spread open the slices so you can drizzle on the butter or oil.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the butter or oil, making sure that some of the butter/oil gets down into the slices.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, and herbs if you are using them.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. They can be baked for longer if you would like them crunchy…sometimes I will let mine bake for almost 1 1/2 hours.
Keywords: accordion potatoes, hasselback potatoes