Hamburger Soup: An Easy Weeknight Meal! It’s hearty and delicious and your family will love it!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 – 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 – 10 oz cans of consomme
- 1 – 5 oz can of tomato paste
- 5 carrots, chopped finely
- 4 celery sticks, chopped finely
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- In skillet, brown the ground beef and onions. Then drain.
- In a soup pot, combine all of the ingredients, including the cooked ground beef.
- Simmer in a covered pot for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours, making sure to stir it occasionally.