These Spooky Eyeball Halloween Sugar Cookies are a great treat for Halloween! Perfect for parties and as a surprise in school lunches. Simple to make and so yummy!
- 36 sugar eyeball candies
- 1/2 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- green coloured sugar for rolling the dough in
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the coloured sugar, then place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down!
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press a candy eyeball into the middle of the cookies.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: Halloween, Halloween cookies, sugar cookies