Make these Halloween Pumpkin Sugar Cookies for some extra delicious and spooky fun this Halloween!
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not filling)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- coloured sugar for rolling the dough in before baking
- spooky Halloween candies: I used butcher knives
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls. ** If the dough is too sticky to roll, put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden it up before rolling. **
- Roll the balls in the coloured sugar, then place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down!
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes.
- After the cooling period, press a spooky candy into the middle of the cookies.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: Halloween, Halloween cookies, sugar cookies, Halloween food