A delicious and simple grilled cheese sandwich made with flavourful rich cheese and sweet fig jam. Gooey and delicious!
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp fig jam
- 2/3 cup shredded Heidi cheese, (divided)
- Preheat your griddle to a low/medium heat.
- Butter the outsides of the 4 pieces of bread.
- Spread a tablespoon of fig jam onto the inside of one piece of bread.
- Add 1/3 of the shredded cheese, then cover with the other piece of bread.
- Repeat for the second sandwich.
- Cook the grilled cheese sandwiches on each side for about 3-5 minutes each side, until they are nice and golden brown. I like to flip the sandwich often so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!
Keywords: grilled cheese recipe, fancy grilled cheese, grilled cheese with figs