These recipes for Greek Chicken Marinade & Greek Salad make a simple and delicious dinner idea! Serve with warm bread and Tzatziki sauce!
Greek Chicken Marinade:
- 6–8 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Greek Salad Dressing:
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Greek Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 to matoes (cut into large chunks)
- 1 green pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 small red onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 cucumber (cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all of the above ingredients, and pour over the chicken.
- Marinade, in the fridge, for at least 1 hour, but overnight is best!
- BBQ on a medium to high heat grill.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except for the feta cheese.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad, and mix.
- Sprinkle on the feta cheese.
Please NOTE: Because the chicken is marinated in olive oil, it will flare up on the BBQ! Just flip the chicken until the flaring dies down. Keep a water bottle nearby!