- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp ginger (more if you want it very ginger-y)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger, optional
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the egg and molasses and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/molasses mix and combine.
- Slowly add the hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add the raisins and candied ginger.
- Fill 8 muffin cups for 8 large muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.