These Eggnog Ice Box Cookies with Eggnog Glaze are a perfect Christmas treat! Keep the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days and bake them as you need them (or even freeze a log or two for later)!
Ice Box Cookie
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog (I used 2%)
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
Ice Box Cookie
- In a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggnog, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 4 balls of dough, then roll the dough out into 8 inch long logs.
- Wrap each log in parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.
- When it’s time to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Then remove the paper and cut the dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the cookies onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After the cookies have finished baking, place them on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and eggnog, and mix until smooth.
- Ice each cookie once they have cooled completely.
- Optional: Sprinkle with a teeny bit of nutmeg on the cookies for a garnish.
You don’t have to bake all the cookies at once. The dough will last in the fridge for a couple of days, so bake what you need as you need them! Just ice them as you need to as well! Fresh cookies every day….mmmmm