This Strawberry Jello Poke Cake Recipe is an easy and delicious dessert recipe! Vanilla cake with strawberry jello poked throughout the cake, and topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. This cake is always a favourite at parties!
- 1 white cake mix (2 layer cake no pudding)
- 1 package of strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- ~ 2 cups of whipping cream (you can use real whipping cream or cool whip)
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan with a flour/oil spray (I like to use Pam flour spray).
- Make and bake the cake according to package directions.
- Once the cake has been baked, remove it from the oven, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling make the Jello. To do this stir the Jello into 1 cup of boiled water until it is dissolved.
- Once the cake has cooled for 10 minutes, use a fork and poke holes all over it (see picture). Make sure you poke your holes deep so the Jello can get down into the cake.
- Pour the strawberry Jello all over the top of the baked cake.
- Then refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours. Leave it un-iced.
- When the cake is ready to serve, ‘ice’ the cake with the whipped cream.
- Top with fresh strawberries.