- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 – 640 mL jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cream or 2% milk (half & half)
- 1 large package of fresh ravioli (I used spinach & cheese, about 700g)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet cook the ground beef with the onion and garlic, until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, oregano and pepper.
- Stir in the milk.
Putting it all together:
- Add 1/2 of the sauce to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add 1/2 of the ravioli.
- Spread on the ricotta cheese.
- Add the remaining ravioli.
- Spread on the remaining sauce.
- Top with the shredded and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
If you want, you can add 2 cups of chopped vegetables: mushrooms, peppers, carrots, squash (your choice!). Just cook them in a skillet with some olive oil until soft, then stir into the sauce before baking.