Easy Pumpkin Soup
This soup is great served as a light meal in itself, or as an appetizer.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup cream (half and half is best!)
- In a saucepan saute the onion, garlic and fresh ginger until soft.
- Stir in the cumin, dash of cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and broth and simmer for about 20 minutes or more, over low-medium heat.
- After this time, stir in the cream and cook for about 5-10 minutes more.
- Once the soup is done cooking, I like to puree it using a hand blender. It makes the soup nice and creamy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If the soup seems too thick, feel free to add more cream.
- If you want you can make this soup in the slow cooker on low, for about 2 – 3 hours. I like this option when I’m at home because I don’t have to babysit it on the stove. But if you wish, you can easily just make it on the stove in half the time.
Keywords: pumpkin soup, soup