Easy Pickled Carrots
This delicious recipe for Easy Pickled Carrots is a perfect way to preserve summer fresh carrots, dill and garlic! So good you’ll want to double the recipe!
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Water Bath: 1/2 hour
- Total Time: 38 minute
- Yield: 4 - 5 jars 1x
- Category: Pickles
- Method: Canning
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- 2 dill weed heads (preferably flowered with seeds)
- fresh raw carrots
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pickling salt
- 500 mL pickle jars with lids and seals
- Wash, peel, and cut the carrots into sliced spears. Peel garlic. Wash dill weed heads. Set aside.
- Prepare your jars, lids and seals for canning. Bernardin has an excellent step-by-step Home Canning resource here.
- Once your jars and lids are sterilized, place 1 – 2 garlic cloves and 2 dill weed heads into each jar.
- Fill the jars with the carrot spears to 1 inch of the top, making sure to pack them in as tightly as you can.
- In a saucepan boil together all of the brine ingredients.
- Then using a small funnel, pour the brine over the carrot spears, filling the jar to about 1/2 inch from the top (1/2 inch headspace).
- Put on the lids and seals, then process in a hot water bath for 1/2 hour.
- Let marinate for at least a week, a few weeks is best.
Keywords: dill carrots, pickled carrots, dill pickle carrots