These Easy Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels are great served as an appetizer or for lunch! Delicious, flavourful little bites…with cream cheese, taco spice, peppers, onions, cilantro, salsa and cheese! So good.
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp taco spice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 2 – 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Using a mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and taco spice until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (red pepper, green onion, cilantro, cheese and salsa).
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly between the 5 flour tortillas, making sure to leave about a half an inch along the edges of the tortillas without the mixture.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly, then refrigerate for at least an hour, and even overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve them, cut the tortillas into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.