This Easy Italian Sandwich is loaded with Italian meats and cheese, vegetable spread and fresh basil. It’s SO delicious! You should make it.
- 1 large loaf of bread like a French loaf
- 200 g thinly sliced Capicola meat
- 200 g thinly sliced Genoa Salami
- 200 g thinly sliced Mortadella sausage
- 200 g sliced Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable spread (like Dalla Terra Ajvar in Mild)
- olive oil
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Cut the loaf of bread down the middle lengthwise.
- Brush one side of the loaf with olive oil.
- Spread the vegetable spread on the other side of the loaf. If 1/4 of a cup isn’t enough for your liking, add more!
- Layer the meat and cheese on the bread.
- Add the fresh basil leaves.
- Cut into 1 – 2 inch pieces and enjoy!
Keywords: Italian sandwich, sandwich recipe