This Easy Halloween Gumdrop Nougat Candy is a fun no-bake treat! Perfect for dessert tables, parties and gift giving. Only 4 ingredients.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bags white chocolate chips (2 of the 225 gram bags)
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows (2 of the 250 gram bags)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped orange and black gumdrops (or jujubes)
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut the gumdrops into small pieces (1/4 inch), so you end up with 1 1/2 cups. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, white chocolate chips and marshmallows together over indirect heat. To do this I create a double boiler by putting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (making sure that the bowl and pan fit together snug). This ensures that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Continuously stir the mixture until it is smooth and melted together, making sure not to cook the mixture…the goal is to just melt, not cook.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the gumdrop pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- The mixture will be very sticky, so I use a lightly greased piece of parchment paper to help spread and pat the mixture down into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting, overnight is best.
- Cut into 60 bite sized pieces. Make sure to use a really sharp knife.
- To store the candies, use parchment paper between layers so the candies don’t stick together.
For Nougat Recipe Tips, Tricks and Frequently Asked Questions, visit my post here.
- Category: candy
Keywords: recipe, nougat, Halloween