This Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole is ready in 1 hour! Serve with fresh salsa, slices of avocado, and tortilla chips for dipping.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp green chilis
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 6 – 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, blend together the sour cream and green enchilada sauce.
- Stir in the green chilis.
- In a deep baking dish (I use a 9×9 circle baking dish), spread out about 1/4 cup of the sour cream mixture.
- Then lay out 3 or 4 corn tortillas, depending on how big your dish is, but basically enough to cover the layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle on 1 cup of the cooked, shredded chicken, followed by 1 cup of the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour on half of the remaining sour cream mixture.
- Then add the remaining corn tortillas to cover the mixture underneath.
- Sprinkle on the remaining chicken.
- Pour on the remaining sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes, or until the dish is bubbling and the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, tortilla chips and a green salad!