This Easy Eggnog Sheet Cake is made using a boxed Golden Cake Mix as the base. Top with a delicious and creamy Eggnog Frosting. Delicious eggnog flavours!
- 1 golden cake mix (15.2 oz box) (I like Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 2 tsp rum (or 1/4 tsp rum extract)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 container of pre-made frosting (340 g) (I like Betty Crocker Buttercream)
- 2 tsp rum (or 1/2 tsp rum extract)
- dash nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggnog, butter, eggs, rum, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9 x 13 cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Using a mixer cream the pre-made frosting, rum and nutmeg until mixed and creamy.
Putting it all together:
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.