This Christmas Gumdrop Nougat Candy is an easy no-bake treat that’s perfect for the holiday season. Great as a homemade gift!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bags white chocolate chips (2 of the 225 gram bags)
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows (2 of the 250 gram bags)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red and green gumdrops (see notes below for where to buy them)
- Prepare an 8×8 square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cut the gumdrops in half. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, white chocolate chips and marshmallows together over indirect heat. To do this I create a double boiler by putting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (making sure that the bowl and pan fit together snug). This ensures that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Continuously stir the mixture until it is smooth and melted together, making sure not to cook the mixture…the goal is to just melt, not cook.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the gumdrops. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- The mixture will be very sticky, so I use a lightly greased piece of parchment paper to help spread and pat the mixture down into the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting, overnight is best.
- Cut into 60 bite sized pieces.
- To store the candies, use parchment paper between layers so the candies don’t stick together.
Recipe tip: You can freeze these treats! Use parchment paper between layers and freeze in an airtight container.