This Easy and Cheesy Hashbrown Breakfast Bake is perfect for brunch this weekend! Make it the day you want it, or make it the night before.
- 1 – 20 oz package of shredded potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 green onions, chopped (set aside about 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ham or bacon
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Havarti, marble, cheddar or your favourite)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- To a 9 x 13 baking dish, add the 1/4 cup of melted butter, and spread it out over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the shredded potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the onions, peppers, salt, pepper and ham or bacon. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the shredded potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The egg bake will be done when it no longer jiggles in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh minced green onion.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: hashbrown casserole, hashbrown bake, egg bake