These Easter Shortbread Cut Out Cookies are a simple and delicious cookie for Easter! Make them festive by cutting the cookies into fun shapes and adding sprinkles!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer whip together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sifted flour and mix until the cookie dough looks kind of like sand.
- Then add 1 – 2 tbsp of milk and mix until the batter comes together…this should take less than 30 seconds.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Once the dough has been refrigerated press the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough onto a piece of parchment paper, then using a rolling pin roll out the dough to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using Easter themed cookie cutters, cut out different shapes and place them onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. For these cookies I used little cookie stampers (see above for links).
- Sprinkle the cookies with candy sprinkles.
- Bake for 10 minutes if the cookies are medium sized. If you are making small cookies you will need to bake them for less time (about 8 minutes). I like to bake mine so that the edges of the cookies are barely lightly brown…if you bake them too long they will be more crunchy, and we like them soft and chewy.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
Keywords: shortbread cookie, roll out cookie, Easter cookie, cut out cookie, sugar cookie