Make these Easter Egg Sugar Cookies for Easter! They’re soft, chewy and so delicious!
- 1 small package of eggies (chocolate Easter eggs a candy shell)
- 1/2 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- in extra sugar for rolling the dough
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra sugar, and place them on a cookie sheet. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 – 3 minutes. After this time press 3 small Easter eggies into the middle of the cookies. See notes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Make sure you give the cookies enough time to cool down. If you move them too quickly, the Easter eggs will crack.