Easter Coconut Macaroons (Bird’s Nest Cookies)
These Easter Coconut Macaroons or also called Bird’s Nest Cookies, are a delicious and adorable treat for Easter! Chewy, coconut-y and so yummy.
- Author: Jo-Anna Rooney
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Baking
- 3 egg whites (from large eggs)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 –14 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- about 1/2 cup vanilla frosting (I just used a pre-made frosting)
- candy coated chocolate Easter eggs like eggies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip together the egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat, because they will stick to the pan if you don’t!
- Drop the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet by heaping tablespoons, about 1 1/2 inches apart. They don’t spread out.
- Then use a teaspoon to make a small indent into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until they start to appear slightly golden brown.
- When they are done, remove from the oven, then use the teaspoon to gently indent the centre again.
- Let cool completely before adding the icing, about 30 minutes.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled, add a teaspoon of vanilla frosting to the centre.
- Then place 3 eggies in the frosting.
Keywords: coconut macaroons, Easter coconut macaroons, birds nest cookies, birds' nest cookies