This Earl Grey Tea Cake has hints of lavender and bergamot orange mixed into a delicious vanilla cake.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Earl Grey Tea bags
- icing sugar for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Bundt pan by buttering the pan and lightly dusting with flour. Set aside.
- Heat up the 1 cup of milk (I just microwaved mine until hot), then add the 2 tea bags to the hot milk and let steep at least 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add vanilla, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, and baking powder.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the tea milk. Repeat until all combined.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once the cake has baked, let it cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Keywords: bundt cake, cake recipe, Earl Grey Tea cake